You’re searching for the best Lebanese food?
So, Za’atar filled flatbread is here to please you! It’s a popular Middle Eastern dish that can be found in countries like Lebanon, Syria, and Jordan. It is a type of flatbread that is stuffed with Za’atar, a blend of herbs and spices that typically includes dried thyme, sesame seeds, and sumac.
To make Za’atar filled flatbread, the dough is rolled out and then filled with the Za’atar mixture before being baked in the oven. The result is a crispy, flavorful bread that is perfect for dipping into hummus or other Middle Eastern dips. Za’atar filled flatbread is a great option for those looking for a vegetarian or vegan meal, as it is often served as a main course or a snack. It can also be customized with additional toppings like olives, tomatoes, or cheese.
Other Best Lebanese Food You Need to Try
- Hummus: A creamy dip blend of happiness made from mashed chickpeas, tahini sauce, lemon juice, and garlic. It’s typically served with kofta and pita bread.
- Tabbouleh: A refreshing salad made from finely chopped parsley, tomatoes, mint, onion, bulgur wheat, and seasoned with olive oil and lemon juice.
- Kebabs: Grilled skewers of meat, often lamb, chicken, or beef, seasoned with various spices like sumac, paprika, and cumin; Kebabs taste heaven!
- Shawarma: Marinated slices of meat, usually chicken, beef, or lamb, cooked on a vertical rotisserie; it’s commonly served in sandwiches or wraps with vegetables and tahini sauce.
- Fattoush: A vibrant salad with mixed greens, tomatoes, cucumbers, radishes, and toasted pieces of pita bread dressed with olive oil, lemon juice, and sumac.
- Moutabbal (Baba ghanoush): Similar to hummus but made from roasted eggplant instead of chickpeas. It’s flavored with tahini, garlic, lemon juice, and olive oil.
- Kibbeh: A popular dish made from bulgur wheat, minced onions, and finely ground meat, usually lamb or beef, mixed with Middle Eastern spices. It can be shaped into balls or patties or stuffed with a meat and pine nut filling.
- Manakish: Also known as Lebanese pizza, it’s a flatbread topped with za’atar (a blend of herbs and spices), cheese, minced meat, or a combination of toppings.
These are just a few examples of the delicious dishes that Lebanese cuisine has to offer. Lebanese food is often characterized by its use of fresh herbs, spices, olive oil, and various vegetables and grains. Enjoy exploring the flavors of Lebanon!
Dine-in with Local Families
Experience the authentic taste of the Middle eastern cuisine with Simsem. Join local families in cooking traditional Middle Eastern dishes. Don’t miss this opportunity to connect with local guides in Lebanon, Egypt, Jordan, and Turkey, learn new cooking techniques, and indulge in delicious food that will leave you craving for more. Book your culinary adventure today with Simsem.